How to Get Rid of Dark Circles – Dark circles under eyes can be very annoying, they can reduce your confidence. As we age, the skin under the eyes will becomes thin, allowing the blue vein underneath to show through as the dark circles. This condition can also be caused by some other factor such as heredity, lack of sleep, dry skin, a long hours in front of computer screens, prolonged crying, dry skin, aging, mental or physical stress and unhealthy diet.
Dark circles are actually not serious skin problems, but they create people who look tired, unhealthy, exhausted and older. This certainly makes you feel uncomfortable. But you do not worry, you can easily get rid of the dark circles under eyes by using some home remedies that are easy and naturally. They use natural ingredients that are affordable and proven effective for getting rid of dark circles.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Using natural remedies is the best idea to nourish your skin. Natural remedies don’t have any side effects for your skin, they also proved to be effective to get rid of dark circles under the eyes by using it regularly. For get the best results, you also need to make sure that you follow a healthy lifestyle.
Cucumber has skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that can help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Cucumbers also contains a number of antioxidants such as vitexin, orientin and cucurbitacins that can help treat eye dark circles. This also has a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices. Then chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Put the slice into the exposed skin area and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Wash the area with water
- Repeat this process twice a day for about a week or more
Lemon juice is an astringent, it keep skin smooth and wrinkle-free. It also has natural bleaching properties that lighten skin.
- Peel and chop one chilled cucumber. Put cucumber chunks in blender and puree
- Mix equal amount of cucumber puree and lemon juice
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin and leave it on for 15 minutes
- Rinse with water and pat dry
- Repeat this process daily for a week
Potato is a natural bleaching agent that can help lighten dark circles and get rid puffiness around your eyes. Potatoes also contain enzymes, vitamin C and starch, which they are nourish your skin around the eyes and help treat dark circles.
- Peel and chop one white potato
- Place the potato chunks in blender and puree it
- Strain through cheesecloth to extract juice
- Mix 1 tablespoons of potato juice with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture to clean under-eye dark circle skin
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry
- Repeat this process daily for a few weeks
Note: You can also use thick potato slices to get rid of dark circles.
3. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient which is highly beneficial for the delicate skin around the eye. Almond oil contain mono-unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E that can keep the skin smooth, soft and healthy. Using almond oil regularly may help fade your under eye circles. You can also use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark around the eyes.
- Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage into your skin
- Leave it on overnight
- In the morning, wash it off with cold water
- Do this remedy daily until your dark circles disappear
Tomato has bleaching properties that can lighten the skin. Tomatoes also contain lycopene, that is a phytochemical that is very beneficial to the skin. Lycopene has also been found to protect the skin from damage.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice
- Gently apply this mixture on the dark circle and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry
- Do this remedy two times a day for several weeks
- Simply using tomato juice will also work to get rid of dark circles.
5. Rose water
Rosewater can rejuvenate the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. These also contain antioxidant properties that may help strengthen skin cells and rejuvenate your skin, so it can help you in removing dark circles. Plus, since it’s mild astringent properties, make it also works as a good skin toner.
- Take two cotton balls and soak them in rose water
- Place the cotton ball under your eyes and leave it on for 15 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
- Do this process daily for 4 weeks
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contain vitamin C which can help remove dark circles under the eyes. Lemon juice also contains natural bleaching that can lighten dark skin.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it thoroughly with water
- Do this process once daily for a few weeks
- Make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of turmeric powder and gram flour (besan)
- Applying a thick paste gently around the eye you and leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off with clean water
- Repeat the process two or three times every week
Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation to your skin, then discontinue its use
7. Tea Bags
The content of caffeine and antioxidants in tea can be highly beneficial to get rid of dark circles and also puffiness under the eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reduces fluid retention. It also contains tannins that have astringent properties, they constrict blood vessels and capillaries under the eyes, as well as help reduce the swelling and discoloration.
- Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- Then place one tea bag over each eye
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Remove the tea bags and wash your face
- Repeat this process once or twice daily for a few weeks
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has moisturizing quality, which can promote smooth skin and prevent wrinkles and fine lines under the eyes. Only massaged with coconut oil can help lighten dark circles under the eyes.
- Simply massage some extra virgin coconut oil in the under eye area
- Leave it on for a few hours and wash it off
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily for a few months or until your dark circles is removed
9. Cold Compress
Compress with cool water can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and helps a lot in reducing eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in cold water or cold milk
- Then put it over your closed eyelids for a few minutes
- Do this process for a few times daily
Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce dark circles. It also help make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
- Mix 2 teaspoon each turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the affected area
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Then wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth
- Do this process daily until you get a positive results
Apples contain tannic acid which can help to lighten the skin tone. It also contain vitamin B and C, and potassium act as a great help to nourish sensitive skin around the eyes.
- Take a ripe apple and cut it into large slices
- Place apple slices under your eyes and leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water and apply a cream
Or, you can also apply a paste made from boiled green apple, and apply it under your eyes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
12. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves are rich in vitamin C that can treat dark circles and enhancing the health of your skin. This will soothe and refresh your eyes, and also give a cooling effect to the eyes.
- Crush the mint leaves and mix them with a few drops of water until you get a smooth paste
- Apply the paste under your eyes
- Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water
- Do this process every night before going to bed for a week
Note: Peppermint leaves can cause allergies such as flushing in some people. Be sure to do a patch test before using this remedy.
13. Cold milk
Milk contains lactic acid that can help increase the smoothness, thickness and firmness of your skin. Also, the acid will diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in a bowl of cold milk
- Put the cotton ball on your eyes, and make sure it covers the affected area completely
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Washing It off with regular water
- Repeat this process daily for two weeks
- Be sure to always remove your makeup before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes
- Get enough sleep and rest
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often. This can cause the blood vessels to dilate, so that making the under eye circles appear darker
- Drink 8 glasses of water, lots of fresh, organic fruit and vegetable juices, as well as herbal tea to stay hydrated
- Avoid a stressful mind
- Limit sun exposure
- Avoid alcohol, sugar, caffeine and smoking
- Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamin C, A and E
- To avoid eye bags caused by fluid pooling in the lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under the head before going to sleep.
- Get regular exercise
- Reduce your stress through yoga, breathing exercises and meditation
- If dark circles does not show results or do not fade within 2 weeks, then consult a doctor as they may indicate a more serious underlying health problem.
- Home Remedies for Blackheads : 8 Best and Most Popular Remedies
- How to Get Rid of a Pimple Overnight : Fast and Easy
- How to Whiten Teeth Without Baking Soda :9 Best Ingredients
- Home Remedies For Fever :13 Best, Easy and Most Effective
- Home Remedies For Asthma :13 Most Effective Remedy
Image source: http://www.pixabay.com