9 Fastest Home Remedies for Tooth Pain that Really Work
Home Remedies for Tooth Pain- Tooth pain is one of the common problems that often occur by everyone. This can vary, ranging from mild soreness to an unbearable throbbing pain in your teeth tooth or around your jaws. Tooth pain can cause unbearable pain and interfere your daily activities. There are many effective home remedies to help heal and provide quick help from tooth pain. Continue to read this article.
Tooth pain happens when the tooth or the central region known as pulp, becomes irritated or inflamed. The Central tooth or the pulp consists of several nerve endings that are very sensitive which are composed of blood vessels and nerves. Many factors can cause tooth pain, including injury, infection, gum disease, a cracked tooth, an exposed to root, jaw joint disorder an abnormal bite, and a loose filling.
Actually, tooth pain is only one of the symptoms of tooth decay. Here are some other symptoms that indicate a more serious dental problems:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Fever and chills
- Breathing difficulties
- Tooth pain and inflammation
- Red or irritated gums
- Mouth pain
- Foul-tasting discharge
If you have a tooth pain, it is better to seek immediately advice from a dentist before your problem is worsen. However, you can also try some home remedies to help relieve the pain temporarily and also make your more comfortable.
Tooth Pain Home Remedies
To help reduce tooth pain, you can try some home remedies that are proven effective help to relieve toothache and also prevent future problems. You can try this natural remedy to help alleviate the pain, so that makes you more comfortable. But if your problem not improved, and cause a unbearable pain, then immediately consult with your dentist to get a proper handling.
1. Salt and Pepper
Salt and pepper is a very perfect combination to help treat tooth pain. The both of this natural ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that very beneficial to help reduce tooth pain, reduce swelling and also aids in healing.
- Mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to from a paste.
- Then apply this paste directly on the affected tooth and let it sit for a few minutes.
- You can do this treatment daily for a few days until your tooth pain is healed.
Cloves can also be one of the effective home remedies help cure tooth pain. It contain a euganol substance that is a powerful antiseptic and painkiller. It also contains antioxidant, antibacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce tooth pain and fight infection.
- Grind two whole cloves and then mix in a little olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected tooth.
- Alternatively, you can also use clove oil. Dab a cotton ball in clove oil and then rub it directly on the tooth pain.
- You can also mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and then use it as a mouth rinse.
Garlic is also very effective to help reduce tooth pain. Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that are very useful in alleviating the pain quickly.
- Mix a crushed garlic clove or garlic powder with some table salt or black salt.
- Then apply it directly on the affected tooth to help reduce pain.
- You can also chew one or two garlic cloves to alleviate your tooth pain.
- Repeat this remedy for a few days until your toothache is cured.
4. Warm Salt Water
Warm salt water can also be a simple natural remedy to help cure a tooth pain. Salt will cleans out the mouth and draws out the fluid that causes pain and swelling. Plus, it will be against inflammation and fight the bacteria that cause infection.
- Simply mix half a spoon of common salt in a glass of hot water and then use this solution to rinse your mouth thoroughly.
5. Ice Cubes
This is one of a simple natural remedy that can help alleviate tooth pain. Ice can help relieve tooth pain with numbing the nerve endings.
- Wrap a small ice cube in a thin cotton cloth.
- Then hold it down on the cheek near the aching tooth for several minutes.
- However, if you have exposed nerves, then contact with the cold can cause more pain.
- Alternatively, An acupressure technique that can relieve tooth pain is to rub an ice cube between your thumb and index finger for a few minutes.
6. Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass has natural antibacterial properties which can help fight tooth decay and relieve tooth pain. This natural herb will also absorb toxins from the gums, reduces bacteria growth and keep the infection under control.
- You can extract the juice from wheatgrass and then use it as a mouthwash to help alleviate tooth pain.
- You can also simply chew on wheatgrass.
Asafetida will help relieve pain and also eliminates the bacteria that causes a tooth pain. Dental problems such as tooth pain and bleeding gums can use asafetida as natural remedies.
- Add a pinch or one-half teaspoon of powdered asafetida to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Then warm it slightly.
- Use a cotton pad to apply this solution on the affected area.
- This natural remedy will give fast relief from tooth pain.
- Also, asafetida fried in clarified butter can be put in the cavity of the tooth for instant relief from tooth pain.
Onions can also be one of the natural remedies to help cure a tooth pain. It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that can control tooth pain. Onion will provide relief from pain by killing germs that cause infection.
- At the first sign of a tooth pain, chew raw onion for a few minutes to help relieve the pain.
- However, if you are not able to chew it, you can place a piece of raw onion directly on the bad tooth or gum.
9. Peppermint Leaves or Peppermint Oil
Peppermint has anti-inflammatory properties that are very effective to reduce the swelling and soreness due to toothache. It is also rich in menthol which is one of most effective natural painkillers. Plus, peppermint also contains analgesic properties that can help reduce the pain.
- You can make a peppermint tea by adding 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves in a cup of warm water and then
- let it steep for 2 minutes.
- Let your tea to cool and Swish in your mouth and split it out.
- Repeat this process regularly to reduce your tooth pain.
Alternatively, mix 10 to 15 drops of peppermint essential oil in 2 tablespoons of neutral oil like olive oil, grapeseed oil, etc. It is important to dilute the oil first, so as to avoid any irritation. Then soak a cotton ball in the oil and Pack it around your tooth pain, or soak the cotton swab and swab the gum surrounding the tooth pain. You can repeat this process if necessary.
Useful Tips for Preventing Tooth Pain
In addition some of above home remedies, you can also follow some useful tips below to help treat and prevent tooth pain:
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice daily
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water every after eating
- Eat soft foods until you can see the dentist
- Try to avoid extremely hot or cold foods
- Visit your dentist every 6 months and also replace your toothbrush at least 3 months
- Elevate your head while sleeping to relieve pain
- Apply Vick’s vapor rub to the outside of the jaw to relieve pain
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking
- Pain in the side of your face is most likely due to sinus congestion, not toothache
- Consult with a dentist at the first sign of pain.
That are 9 Fastest Home Remedies for Tooth Pain that Really Work. In addition to try some of these home remedies, make sure to consult your dentist. Due to some dental and gum problems require more aggressive treatment than home remedies.